I don’t know which service I need, help?
Answer this question: how much time to you have?
- a) You don’t even have time to be reading this. You need bells and whistles, i’s dotted and t’s crossed, and for it to Just Get Done with all the Luxury benefits —–>Personalized Travel Management
- b) Your are looking for a great experience and you’d like someone else to manage the
project —> Travel Management
- c) You’re happy to do it yourself, looking for a handcrafted experience tailored to your needs, not something off the shelves/ not sure where to begin / suffering from information overload / traveling next week / need guidance and tailored recommendations ——–>Vacation Planning
- d) You just need an hour or two of time to give advice on an existing itinerary ——–> hourly consulting (email us at email@example.com)
How much advance notice do you need to plan my trip?
It depends on when you are going and how flexible the itinerary can be. For vacation in high season, the more notice the better. For a low stress planning process with professionally customized itinerary, anywhere between 3-6 months is ideal. For Groups, we recommend starting one (1) year in advance, especially large groups. For quick getaways or if you are a DIY Person book online using our secured platform or contact us to help you book your getaways and last minute travel deals.
What is Custom Travel Assessment?
We consider your lifestyle, your travel goals, your travel history, your current reasons and hopes for the vacation, your special request and the amount of time you have available to custom craft your unique vacation experience. We take the time to get to know you, understanding your approach to travel, what you like to see and do and in what style. Then we match these factors with your budget, schedule and our insider connections with the best travel providers. Our travel professionals are here for you to talk to, answer your questions, and design a vacation perfect just for you. No web site or cell phone “app” can do it our personalized ways.
What do I get for on-trip support?
You get access to your Travel Advisor via our Travel Resource Center. Just simple login and send a quick message or request to your advisor. We are with you every step of your vacation. Past examples of clients using on-trip support include:
- Please cancel/change our dinner reservation
- The cigarette lighter on our rental car is broken so we can’t plug in our GPS. Please arrange for a new rental car and tell us when and where to do the exchange.
- We need a private transfer tomorrow to X at this time, kindly arrange one for us.
- The forecast is for rain tomorrow so we won’t be able to go hiking. Please suggest alternative activities.
What if I want to make changes to the itinerary?
Travel Management offers unlimited advice so don’t worry, we’ll work together until it’s perfect.
Do you have ideas for trips with the kids?
Most definitely YES! We have lots of suggestions for traveling with kids. What influences family trip planning more than anything else is how you travel with kids: some persons want a kid-oriented vacation, so move from beach to playground to children’s museum. Others want to do the same things they’d normally do, but move at a slower pace and be back at the hotel in the middle of the day for nap time. Plus we have some of the best Kids family resorts which allow a safe environment for the kids while Mommy and Daddy can have some fun! We’ll customize it based on your needs.
What’s the difference between a travel consultant and a travel agent?
The short answer is: the business model. Travel agents receive commissions for booking hotels, cruises, flights, or tours for travelers from their portfolio. From a business perspective, they spend most of their time booking things that give them commission.
As a travel consultant you are paying for our time and expertise. We offer you more than just booking your vacation trip. We get to understand your needs, spend a lot of time on things that do not offer commissions such travel tips, routes, and make recommendations for restaurants, cafes, Gelaterias, food festivals, and local markets. We then take it a step further with our Travel Management travel style by customizing your very own vacation experience whether you would like hotel, villa, Condos, B&B, Pensione, Agriturismo, monastery, castle or other accommodation that best suits our client. If Service is your thing, then a Travel Consultant is what you need.
Travel Management, what’s the return on my investment?
Return on your investment is in 2 parts:
Time saved during the planning process: To organize a unique vacation experience with the level of organization and detail provided by Quamis Travel Management, plan on spending about 8 hours per travel day if you are going to do it yourself. A 10-day trip would therefore take about 80 hours for an average person to plan (including internet and destination report research, time spent on the phone, booking time, and double-checking everything). By contrast, plan on a overall 2-3 hours spent via phone or email with your QTM Travel Advisor. For a 10-day trip, that’s about 77 hours of time saved and don’t forget the added benefits of our Travel Resource Center: your one stop shop for all your travel information.
How much is your time worth per hour?
Time used more efficiently on the vacation: when a vacation experience is well-organized ahead of time, you won’t waste time getting lost; showing up and no transportation is available; fixing errors due to the language barrier during the booking process; or waiting in line for 2 hours something that could have been pre-booked. We estimate that travelers with organized itineraries can accomplish 20% more in a day, and don’t forget: you accomplish more in a single day, at a lower stress level, for more enjoyment.
An Example: Let’s say your 10-day trip works out to cost $600/day, including everything. Let’s say you have 12 hours per day of “out and about time”, to enjoy, explore, and relax. Each vacation hour essentially costs $50. A 10-day vacation has 120 vacation hours. Therefore being able to do 20% more because of a well-planned vacation equals 24 hours during the vacation which are spent relaxing and enjoying rather than spent problem-solving and stressed in a foreign country. To put a dollar value on it, those 24 hours x $50 per hour is $1200 worth of time that can be used to enjoy instead of lost due to planning mistakes.
Put your own numbers in to the examples above in 1) and 2) (and take into account that part 2 can be multiplied by number of people traveling together) to calculate how much you will actually save by having Quamis Travel Management plan your vacation experience!
W e’re not sure whether we’re ‘independent travelers’. We want to be, but we’ve traveled very little.
This is one of our reasons why our first step is to understand our client. Your Travel Advisor would know this information during the Custom Travel Assessment and will discuss this before begin and make the best recommendation for you.
Why You Should Use Travel Consultant
This Wall Street Journal article does a great job of outlining four reasons you should use a travel consultant:
When should you reach out to a travel agent?
- If you want a highly customized experience: More and more travelers are asking for one-of-a-kind trips specifically tailored to their likes, says Gonchar. A foodie might want something like a private cooking class in Italy, a meet-and-greet with a chef she’s been reading about and a table in the private wine room of a restaurant. While she might not have the connections to get this done herself, a travel agent with deep local knowledge might be able to make this happen for her, Gonchar says.
- If you want someone to call when things go wrong: Nearly 70% of affluent consumers who use travel agents say what’s most important is that an agent protect them or help them when things go wrong with a trip, according to a study by Harrison Group and American Express Publishing. “Travel agents are a kind of insurance,” Taylor say. For many agents, this means being on call at all hours.
- If you’re pressed for time or just want to avoid hassles: About one in three travelers feels overwhelmed by the amount of travel information online, according to the American Express Spending & Savings Tracker, a survey that looks at Americans’ spending and saving habits. If you’re in this group, or simply don’t have time to deal with trip planning, travel agents can do it all for you. Tell them where you want to go and the types of things you like to do, and they can put together a list of options for you and book them, saving you time. Agents are particularly useful to travelers who plan to take complicated trips, or go to multiple destinations or with multiple generations, says Gonchar.
- If you want more of a local experience: Good travel consultants have relationships with locals in your destination, experts say, so they can do things like arrange for you to have dinner with a local family, recommend restaurants and pubs that residents like but tourists don’t tend to know about, or find a tiny B&B for you to stay at where you can get to know the owner.